07 August 2008

BIG NEWS in Monsterland!

You'll NEVER guess what happened this morning...

Monster, just minutes after getting out of bed, pointed at his bum and then at the bathroom. Bathroom doors are always closed to prevent the spread of toilet water every which way and to ensure TP remains on the roll and not strewn around the house... I said "you want to go potty?" and he nodded yes. Strange indeed since I've never encouraged him to use the potty. Not even once. So I took off his diaper and sat him there. He laughed a bit and after about 30 seconds he was ready to be on his way...

Same instance happens again about 15 minutes later... then we move on and eat breakfast.

Grandma Carla had a bit of free time this morning to grab a coffee with Monster and me before she headed to work. As she was just finishing up in the bathroom monster, again, pointed at his bum (more urgently this time) and began walking into the bathroom. Ohhhhhhkay, I think to myself, I can't possibly discourage potty use can I? So again I oblige. Carla sort of laughed and said "Jack I'll give you a little privacy..." After maybe a minute on the potty (adult-sized seat so I'm holding his under his armpits, because I don't even HAVE a baby potty!) he went poo poo! Can you believe it?! 18-months and going poo poo on the potty! Perhaps the most funny thing of all is when he was done he had to wave bye-bye as he flushed! I think this was perhaps one of the funniest events of my entire life! I'm not quite sure how to tackle this now though. Do I encourage potty use or let him decide when to go? I may need to flip ahead in some of my books and check out potty training dos and don'ts. Hmmmmmm...

Anyhoo, of course I have no actual pictures of this event. However, here are a few from last weekend when Uncle Mike, Aunt Marcanne, and cousin Michael came to visit.



No comments:

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones