29 August 2008

And so it comes to a close...

It's about that time of year when I begin to despise baseball. It not so much the sport that irritates me but rather all other things related. Instead of going into detail, I'd rather focus on the fact that this season is essentially over. I'll focus on the positives as well. For one, Aaron has gone through an entire season without any injury, continues to be the league leader in strikeouts, and has received attention from a few affiliated clubs all while achieving great grades in his quest to complete his degree online. Jack has had an awesome summer surrounded by family and so the fact that daddy is so far away hasn't been too awful. He's grown SO much this summer and is beginning to comprehend SO many things. He's on the verge of talking and is beginning to be extremely frustrated when he's trying to communicate with us but the words just don't come out. I, on the other hand, have spent the summer trying to keep busy and pass the time until Aaron comes home. It has been a lonely few months indeed but my fingers have been busy painting and my mind consumed by books or film noirs with my father-in-law.

In two weeks (God willing, or how about "en shalla" for Aunt Judi ;) we should be moving in to our new place and are all thankful to be spending this offseason back "home" in U.P. Although last winter was quite a shock for us as we'd grown accustomed to the beautiful weather in Arizona, it's been nice to be "home." Although the offseason brings happiness because we're all back together, uncertainty also accompanies it. I can only hope and pray that things happen just as they should in our lives and careers and that happiness surrounds us no matter if we are here or there, playing baseball or not, in law school or not, and all that happens along the way.

So, as August comes to an end, so does baseball season and come Monday morning I'll breathe a huge sigh of relief once we're all together again...

I don't have any new pictures to upload as my camera batteries are dead and somehow remembering to buy them escapes me each of the last 3 or 4 times at the store! Here's a few of my favorites from Chicago. Arevaderche Jammer! (Jack still gets excited when he sees the mascot on the computer screen).






2 comments:

Brenna said...

Man! I can't believe you had to be away from Aaron that long! (And Aaron had to be away from Jack!!!) Glad you are back together. I love the second picture. You look so pretty and Jack is adorable! God has great plans for you!

Libby said...

Hey! You commented on my blog a while ago and I don't think I have yet commented on yours (i have meant to!). Anyway, it is so great to see what you guys are up to. Your son is adorable. Aren't boys the best. My Jack is my best bud. Although I am loving having a girl :).
I second what Brenna said. That has to be tough. I can barely get through the work/school week alone! I am weak! Well, you guys have a very cute family. I look forward to staying in touch through our blogs!

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones